KICS as a flagship and the largest ICT society in Korea
KICS is the largest ICT academic society in Korea with over 25,000 members, 50 affiliated companies,
8 domestic and 5 overseas chapters, and 30 technical activity groups.
As the principal driving force of Korea’s world-class ICT, KICS provides open networks and motivates universities, corporations,
government, and research institutes to engage in academic activities, technical cooperation, and policy reviews in the fields of
communications/broadcasting and ICT convergence industries.
And now, as the fourth industrial revolution begins, KICS is opening up a new future for ICT with the pride and passion that
enabled Korea to astonish the world with its premier information and communications technology.
KICS at the heart of the fourth industrial revolution
- Hosting of workshops, training courses, and domestic/international conferences on ICT and its related convergence technologies
- Operation of technical activity groups and conducting projects for exchanging ICT and its related convergence technologies
- Publication of journals and technical magazines for ICT and its related fields of technology convergence
- Technical exchanges and cooperation with government-affiliated agencies, research institutions, and domestic/international ICT-related organizations
- Encouragement of academic researches and technical developments, as well as public acknowledgement of outstanding results
- Research on the legislation of technical standards and terminologies
- Other related businesses to achieve the objectives of KICS.